TIPS FOR FINDING BEST DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT RESTAURANTSMore often than ever, shoppers look for deals before making a buy. According to a 2021 RetailMeNot poll, 73% of Americans believe that locating special offers and discounts is the most crucial consideration when choosing a restaurant.
As younger generations acquire more purchasing power, this trend will persist; 74% of millennials and Generation Z use websites or apps to look for restaurant offers and discounts.
Here are a few tips for finding the best deals and discounts at restaurants:
- Sign up for restaurant loyalty programs or email newsletters to receive exclusive deals and promotions.
- Look for coupons or promo codes online before making a reservation or ordering takeout.
- Take advantage of happy hour specials, which are often offered at a discounted price during certain hours of the day.
- Check out daily deal websites like Groupon or LivingSocial to find discounts on restaurants in your area.
- Follow your favourite restaurants on social media to stay up-to-date on deals and promotions.
- Look for restaurants with a “kids eat free” or “early bird” special.
- Look for deals on meal delivery apps such as GrubHub, DoorDash, and UberEats.
- Take advantage of discounts and deals when using a credit card with a dining rewards program.
- Look for discounts for large groups, military, or student IDs.
- Ask the manager about current deals or specials to save money on your order.
- Look for discounts when dining during non-peak hours or days of the week. Many restaurants offer discounts to attract customers during slower times.
- Take advantage of any “buy one, get one free” or “buy one, get one half off” deals that may be available.
- Check out online review websites like Yelp or TripAdvisor to see if any restaurants in your area offer discounts or deals.
- Look for discounts for ordering online or using a restaurant’s mobile app.
- Check for discounts for paying with cash or a debit card instead of a credit card.
- Look for restaurants that offer discounts for customers who bring their reusable containers for leftovers.
- Take advantage of any special offers or discounts for using a restaurant’s gift card.
- Look for discounts for customers who use public transportation, bike, or walk to the restaurant.
- Look for discounts for customers who bring their reusable water bottles.
- Ask the server or manager if they have any special deals or discounts for first-time customers or returning guests.
- Look for discounts for customers who book a table through restaurant booking apps such as OpenTable, Resy, and Bookatable.
- Check for discounts for customers who are members of organizations such as AAA, AARP, or military veterans.
- Look for discounts for customers who order takeout or delivery during off-peak hours.
- Check if the restaurant participates in annual events such as restaurant week, offering fixed-price menus at a discounted rate.
- Look for discounts for customers who order a set menu or a prix-fixe menu.
- Look for discounts for customers who order a certain number of dishes or drinks..
- Check for discounts for customers who bring their wine or beer.
- Look for discounts for customers who dine on a particular day of the week.
One of the most crucial choices you have to make as a restaurant owner is how much to charge for the menu. You might be reluctant to provide food discounts, given the industry’s already thin margins. However, promotions are a terrific method to increase sales and customer loyalty, as any business owner is aware. Your restaurant can benefit and realize its business objectives by strategically using discounts, whether those objectives are to draw in new clients, encourage repeat business, or boost profitability.